Life is a full circle, widening until it joins the circle motions of the infinite ~ Anaïs Nin
A full circle in the voyage of the TheAlbero artistic collective is coming to an end. We the founders (Ilaria and Uri) are embarking on a new stage in our personal and professional lives, we move out of Rome into a small community in Umbria. We close a cycle so to be open for the new horizon and give space for new experiences.
We decided 2016 will be the last year of activity of TheAlbero in the current structure. Freeing us to take on new challenges and allow TheAlbero to take on new forms.
These 4 years were a long learning journey. we have received and take with us many teachings and life experiences, we leave behind many disappointments and missed opportunities as well as little seeds of change we hope we spread with and where we visited and who “acted” with us.
Since 2012 we “flew” with our dreams, took root in what we believe in, and sent our branches so to hug the most people possible.
We organized residential trainings the seemed impossible.
We offered workshop in social centers, theatres, parks, squares, and schools.
We created a festival in small and remote village of Abruzzo and people from all over the world believed in our craziness.
We built, through our summer seminars, a format that puts together Permaculture, Theatre lab, social innovation, calling upon the very spirit of a community of equals, Communitas.
We developed an original way of working inspired by many teachers and methods, Theatre of the Oppressed, Dragon Dreaming, Social Presencing Theatre, the most innovative facilitation techniques and non violent communication.
It is a time for look back, look within, and look ahead towards new signs and open doors that might appear. For this we declare 2016 as a year of celebration of TheAlbero, a time to invite the community and ourselves to reflect on what was done.
We want celebrate all that was born under our tree and the many fruits it created, relationships, projects, and collaborations.
You are all invited to celebrate with us, and join our upcoming events:
- OPENFLOW University, 16-19 August 2016, Panta Rei Centre, Passignano sul Trasimeno (PG), openflowitaly.tumblr.com
- Economy in Play – towards an economy of the common good, 20-21 August 2016, Panta Rei, Passignano sul Trasimeno (PG)
- MITOS 2016 Italian meeting of social theatre, Ilaria offers a workshop theatre as a way to observe intercultral relatioships, Uri and Alessia offer the workshop welCOme/acCOglienza Theatre of the Oppressed LAB to build the kind of “welcoming: we would like to see in the world, 25-28 August 2016 Lucca, nuke.empatheatre.it
- In the name of the mother , installation and theatre lab, hosted by Befree summer school, 31 August 2016, San martino al Cimino (VT),
- Transcultural bodies, crossing the cultural diffrences with dance and theatre, a weekend lab, as part of Accoglienza project, with Fernando Battista e Ilaria Olimpico, 5 e 6 November 2016, Panta Rei Centre, Passignano sul Trasimeno (PG)
- International residency and training in Newspaper theatre and Rainbow of desires (Theatre of the Oppressed) December 2016, SENEGAL.
To contact us to join these adventures (and organize others) use our private emails;
Ilaria email@example.com, Uri firstname.lastname@example.org.
(we will close soon our blog and facebook page so to open new ways of communication)
We invite you to visit us in our new home, on the lake of possibilities, and in Panta Rei…
We very much welcome blessings, comments and feedback and everything else you would like to share for us to take into these new stage of research, creativity and work.
We keep our deep commitment for personal growth, (re)building of communities and (re)connection to mother earth.
With gratutide and love,
Ilaria Olimpico and Uri Noy Meir
With Special Thanks to:
Alessia Cartoni, Alessia Cristofanilli, Antonio Graziano, Carol Mendelsohn, Centro Sperimentale di Fotografia Adams, Cristiano Pinto, Daniela Degan, Daniele Risa, David Diamond, Deborah Rim Moiso, Diana Capriotti, Diol Mamadou, Dino Mengucci, Eleonora Del Baglivo, Francesca Colombini, Francesco D’Ingiullo, Gina Fabrizi, Giusi Cicciò, Hector Aristizabal, Interculturando Roma, Inma and Marionna, Ivan Lacu, Jamal Suboh, John Croft, Laura Capriotti, Loredana Piacentino, Luciano Marradi, Luisa Morgantini, Massimo Guitarrini, Micheal and Leila, Miryam Ines Giangiacomo, Silvana Rigobon, Silvia Liberati, UILDM Lazio, Vincenzo Cocchino, Vincenza Mozzillo, and the many others that have crossed and enriched our path.